Wednesday, August 6, 2014

You're Pulling My Leg

No, I'm totally being serious!  I've lost 6.5 pounds in three weeks!  My neck and bust have seen absolutely no change, but I've lost inches in my arms, waist, hips and thighs.  This week has been challenging because my body was preparing for my "monthly gift" and it showed at measuring time.  I felt bloated.  I only saw changes in my thighs (1 inch), arms (.5 inch) and managed to lose 1.5 lbs. even as I was retaining water.

Yesterday (8/5), I actually had to leave work early because I had a bad headache, fatigue and cramps.  I went home and slept for three hours.  Driving to and from work, I nearly fell asleep!  Today, I made it to work but I still had a headache.  Advil was having little effect, so I broke down and had a cup of coffee.  Wouldn't you know it, the caffeine fixed me right up!  I'm hoping I'll be able to make it through the rest of the week without coffee, but it was a nice treat!

Also, I added grains into my diet and I think they might be increasing my inflammation.  I'm going back to chicken and sautéed veggies this week to see if it makes a difference.  Also, exercise will find it's way into my daily schedule.  Ab crunches, sit ups and leg lifts.  I think I'm ready!  Eventually, a resistance band and exercise ball will be added.

Next Wednesday, I will miss my first Wellness Club meeting ever.  Hey, it's Bunco night!  However, when Wednesday rolls around again, my results will be that much better!



No comments:

Post a Comment