Saturday, September 27, 2014

Before The Plan

Seeing my eating habits now, you wouldn't even recognize my diet compared to what it was two months ago. Even my shopping habits are different. Believe it or not, I'm spending LESS on food because I'm cooking more and eating out less. Who ever said that eating healthier is more expensive is probably shopping at Whole Foods (or Whole Paycheck as many call it).

Before "The Plan", I would have a cup of coffee for breakfast and eat lunch at 11:30.  Lunch would consist of a sandwich, pretzels and maybe a few Oreo cookies. I would buy pizza at Porky's and call four slices dinner. My night time snack was a half a pint of mint chocolate chip ice cream. Hey, it was from Trader Joe's so it must be kinda healthy, right?

Yeah, I had a wicked sweet tooth, but only second to my wicked salt addiction. I put salt on everything, and I mean EVERYTHING. Either granulated table salt or something like salted butter or soy sauce, it went on rice, popcorn, eggs, veggies, fruit... yes, even fruit, especially watermelon and cantaloupe. Salty foods like cheese and crackers pair really well with wine. Being a Sr. Wine Consultant with WineShop At Home made it easy for me to be around these types of foods consistently.

Looking back on what my daily food intake consisted of, it's tough not to be absolutely horrified, but it sure did explain why my "big pants" grew uncomfortably tight. Would you believe that I don't crave salt or sugar now? Would you believe I get excited about bell peppers and hummus as much as I used to get excited about pasta and garlic bread?

Before "The Plan", I was headed toward certain illness. I am so grateful that this plan came into my life and for the person who introduced me to it, I am forever indebted to her. It changed my life and for the better. If I could pay it forward, to do that for someone else, it would be a true blessing.

BEFORE "THE PLAN"

No comments:

Post a Comment