Wednesday, September 10, 2014

13 Is A Lucky Number

Many people associate the number 13 with something unlucky. For me, 13 is a great number.  It's the date that my lovely daughter was born. It's also the number of pounds I've lost on my 8-week summer slim down challenge. Next Wednesday will mark the final week in the Ignition phase. It would be great to end this challenge with a loss of 15 pounds, so that is my goal for the week. I'd like to get back to 155 lbs which is where I was before I ballooned up to 170 lbs. Then I will continue to my ultimate goal: 135 lbs. That will be only 20 lbs away and this plan makes it totally achievable!

Here are my results this week:

Weight:  157.7 lbs (-1.9 lbs)
Neck: 13.75 in (-.25 in)
Bust: 42.5 in (+.25 in)
Waist: 35 in (-.5 in.)
Hips: 41.75 in (-.25 in)
Thigh: 18.5 in (-.5 in)
Arm: 11.5 in ( - )

We measured something new tonight: body fat percentage. I came in at 30% which is "normal" for my age, but it's a few points away from "healthy". If you have too high of a percentage, it could mean you're a good candidate for heart disease, heart attacks and diabetes. I'm looking forward to seeing that percentage go down.

Antonio Meade from TNT Gourmet Treats came by to share some vegan treats with us too. They were delicious and Antonio was invited to another networking meeting to share his baking philosophy. Antonio and his treats were well received! If you're looking for a yummy, but healthy, alternative for a birthday cake or treats for a special occasion or holiday party, contact Antonio. He can custom bake anything you dream up! Yes, he's THAT good! We were very lucky that he came to our meeting tonight!




1 comment:

  1. You're off to a great start Patty! We must be in a parallel universe, as I have been embarking on the same quest since April...almost 30lbs down! Its pretty much the same plan - eating every 3hrs, exercise, and drinking 2qts of water every day.

    Hydrating that much has really been a God-send. I have noticed a big difference. Oh and don't get discouraged if you plateau like I did about 3 months in. Fortunately a minor tweak in diet and exercise got me back on track. Its amazing how a minor change can be so drastic.

    Keep it up, Girl!!!!
    Lisa J.

    ReplyDelete